World Port Days
For the 36th time Rotterdam will open the doors to Europe’s largest port during the annual World Port Days with a wide range of impressive vessels to visit and spectacular stunts on the water. The World Port Days offer you the opportunity to visit companies by boat, bus or train. These visits are truly one of a kind as the Port’s industrial areas are usually strictly off limits.
‘From Volga to Maas’ is this year’s theme, highlighting the logistical story from Russia to Rotterdam with special Russian related parts in the programme.
Don’t miss out on the excursions. These fully organised trips take you by bus, boat, train or bike to one of the many companies located in the port of Rotterdam.
How to buy your excursion tickets
- Internet Ticket sale starts Monday August 26 at 10 am. Check the programme for excursions in English.
- From Thursday September 5th till Sunday September 8th there will be a designated desk at the Travel Agency (Reisbureau) to buy tickets. You can find the Travel Agency in the floating detached house at the Rijnhaven.
Opening hours of the Travel Agency:
September 5: 10 am to 8 pm.
September 6, 7 and 8: 8 am to 6 pm.
- Alterations in excursions and times are subject to change.
- Duration of excursions is approximately indicated.
- Obtained tickets cannot be returned.
- Under no circumstance is it possible to make use of your own transportation to visit companies in the port. Only in case it has been stated specifically.
- Identification required at all times.
All bus excursions leave from Veemstraat, near the floating detached house in the Rijnhaven.
Accessibility of the port
Wheelchair accessible excursions can be recognised by a symbol. Most of the excursions, especially excursions by bus, have a continuation on the company terrain by foot. Please note that most of the company buildings have stairs as well.
View English excursions
Enjoy the unique combination of spectacular stunts on the water with a Russian and a Dutch choir accompanied by the Russian Marines Chapel. The show will take place on the river Maas on Friday 6 at 2 pm.
Don’t miss the Saturday night programme with great music, festivities on the river Maas, light shows and a breath taking fireworks show. The show starts at 9 pm on Saturday September 7.
Sunday afternoon the World Port Days 2013 will be officially closed with a festive show on the water. The show is filled with surprises, it will be worth your time, so make sure you’re there. The closing performance starts at 5 pm on Sunday September 8.
Rotterdam has a varied range of hotel accommodations. Here you will find accomodations specials during the World Port Days.
The event location is not accessible by car. Please be advised to make use of public transport instead. You can park your car at the P+R sites just outside Rotterdam city centre and get transfer there.
The metro and tram are a fast reliable way to travel to the event. To travel by public transport you need an OV-chipcard. Day cards are available at all metro-stations and RET service points. For more information visit www.ret.nl
Op dit moment zijn er nog geen tickets te koop!